MSO Cambridge 2011 Schedule.
This schedule is provisional and is likely to change.
We are pleased to announce what we have arranged with regard to the detailed
playing schedule for MSO Cambridge 2011.
Almost all of the tournaments at the MSO Cambridge 2011 are run on the Swiss
system. This means that you do not get knocked out of a tournament if you lose a
game - you continue to play against opponents who have approximately the same score
as yourself and you continue to play every round no matter what your score may be.
- Olympiad Knockout
- Sunday 1st May, 12.00-18.00 (registration from 10.00) - Maximum 32 players
- Registration fees: Knockout £10
- Tournament Director: Danny Gallagher
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS ADVISED TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT - PREVIOUS EVENTS HAVE BEEN OVER-SUBSCRIBED
- International Draughts 10x10 Tournament
- Saturday 30th April 0930-1730 & Sunday 1st May 0930-1730
- Entry fee: £10
- Tournament format: 6 Rounds Swiss.
- Tournament director: John Reade
- Prizes: dependent on entries.
OTHELLO (known as "Reversi" elsewhere)
- Cambridge Regional Championship
- Saturday 30th April, 0930-1700
- Entry fee: £10 (£5 concessions, £15 family) - first-time players FREE
- With the exception of first-time players, membership of British Othello Federation is required
- Tournament format: 7 rounds Swiss, 25 minutes per player per game.
- Tournament director: Aubrey de Grey.
- Prizes: points towards British Grand Prix - a tournament structure consisting of this and five other
events. Winner of British Grand Prix qualifies by right for 2011 World Othello Championship
- UK Retsami Challenge
- Sunday May 1st 1600 (approx start after other daytime tournaments)
- Entry fee: £10 (includes also a free Retsami game)
- Tournament format: Swiss or knockout, depending on number of players
- Tournament director: Simon Orenstein.
- Prizes: Trophy to winner + cash prize.
- Also demonstrations will be given throughout the day as well as one before the start of the tournament.
Learn about Retsami
- British Open Stratego Tournament
- Sunday 1st May, 1000-1630
- Entry fee: £6
- Tournament format: 5 Rounds of Bronstein: 50 game / 12 player / 4 Move (with an additional 5 mins for setups)
- Tournament contact: Richard Ratcliffe.
- Senior players will be around between 0900 and 1000 to advise novice players about rules and tactics of the
game (should they wish to participate in the tournament)